1. Taxi drivers love their horns, their gas pedals and brakes. Staying in their own lane, not so much.
2. The streets are just as busy, fast moving, loud and sometimes stinky, as they look on TV.
3. Everyone we met, that lives there was soooooo nice. For some reason it surprised me.
4. Broadway is not overrated. The shows we saw were better than we ever imagined.
5. The subway was not as scary and as hard to figure out as I thought. They were as stinky though.
6. Kareem Abdul Jabbar is taller in person.
7. People really do win contests. There were 32 of the nicest kids there that proved that.
8. Not everyone gets mugged in Central Park. It is so beautiful and picturesque.
9. Hardly anyone dresses like the girls from Sex and the City.
10. I love being with my daughter and hanging out. This is something I already knew. It was just reconfirmed!