Yes, it's me blogging. Don't die of shock. Lost a bit of my blogging mojo but I feeling it coming back on with a vengeance. You lucky, lucky readers. In the new year I will be back to my witty, sarcastic self on a weekly basis. You are welcome.
To end this year, you my faithful with be let in a a few secrets. A lot of folks this week will be sharing their "Top 10 of 2010" whether it be life changing events, or top ten posts. For our family newsletter this year, we each shared our "Top Five". I listed normal boring things like celebrating my 20th anniversary, going to Hawaii, blah, blah, blah. But here it is. The real "Top Ten of 2010". Things that made me happy, sad and somewhat perplexed.
1. Gaining 20 lbs this year but only going up ONE pant size!
2. Growing my hair out for a couple of years and then whacking it off for no apparent reason.
3. Actually being diagnosed with carpal tunnel in both hands, thus having proof of my dedication to blogging and my iPhone.
4. Finding Sees Candy under my bed that was supposed to go in Christmas stockings and eating it all myself.
5. Finishing 3 seasons of Veronica Mars on Netflix because I am 12.
6.Also watched all 7 seasons of the Gilmore Girls for the 5th time.
7. Have our house on the market for over a year, pack, rent storage unit, pretend we were moving, take house off market, not move, unload storage unit, have garage full of boxes.
8. Pay for gym membership and be more out of shape at end of year than ever before.
9. Have my eye sight deteriorate at an alarming rate thus causing the need for a dozen pair of reading glasses placed strategically around the house and never be able to find a pair when I need them.
10. Helped new friends from Nigeria get their uncle out on bail for trumped up charges. Still waiting to get paid back.
Here is to you and yours for a happy new year and for making it real in 2011!
Welcome back!! Wow with a year like that, I can't wait to see what happens in 2011!
Sorry about the carpal tunnel.
Wow! WE are probably going to list our condo next week. Please don't send any of your luck our way! :)
To Keeping It Real!!!
Happy New Year!!
Love this. I like it because it is real and not those sicky-sweet end-of-the-year letters.
Glad to have you back.
I love your whacked off for no apparent reason hair!!!!
glad to have you back :)
What the hell? Seriously. How long has it been since you've even THOUGHT about us in cyber space, waiting for your sarcasm and short hair? Thanks for the bone, but not sure if I believe you'll be back every week. I'll believe it when I read it.
...what, you had Sees and didn't share?!...(we'll talk about that Nigerian thing later)...
So good to see you back!! And what's this comment above from your non-blogging hubby??? You let him get his hands on the computer??
Looking forward to 2011 and your witty wit!!
YOU DID NOT!
I swear it is NOT possible to have had a year like that!
A Nigerian uncle? Wow. I'm kinda jealous you live such an exciting life.
I think packing up and pretending to move would have sent me crazy.
Oh, and about the 20 pounds and 1 pant size....I'll try not to be bitter.
Happy New Year my friend. Try to be a bit boring in 2011 OK?
I love Gilmore Girls too.
Happy Happy New Year - dear! Missed your humor SO much, but as this post shows ... you still got it, baby!!!!
So you sent out a family newsletter and somehow forgot to send one to us? Busted! But I don't know if you even read these comments so i may have to email you directly for the guaranteed busting!
You have been missed!
But WOW! have you been busy!
I think your Nigerian connection has my email address!
Hey! Hey! Hey! Look who's back and with a vengence! YOU ARE! Whoohoo!
I've been WAITING for you to blog. Wondering what's going on.
That's a ton of Gilmore Girls.
You are my hero and I nominate you for President of the Telling It Like It Is club. 2011 is our year.
hilarious! so glad you're blogging again! And, please make your next blog a very detailed list of how you can gain 20 lbs and not go up 5 pants sizes... thanks.
I'm in the middle of Season Six of Gilmore Girls, but I haven't kept count as to how many times I've watched the entire series.
Do you think the eyesight and carapl tunnel are caused by the same thing?
I better get off the computer.
Love you Linda! Happy new year!
YEA! Oh it's so good to hear from you again! *sniffle* I missed you!
Oh, and number four was my favorite. I just wish I was there to help you with that. :D
I saw you comment on another blog and thought...wow! I haven't seen her for a while! Great list. Sometimes I am 12 too. Isn't it great?? That being said, I am probably ready for bifocals now. *sigh*
Dang I wish I had a secret stash of candy!
Post a Comment