Linda is not here. This is Makenzie, her other personality. (Jk, I've recently watched Sybill for the first time, so excuse me for my creepiness.) This is Linda's eldest baby girl, Makenzie, aka Co-Ed. Apparently Co-Ed was given to me because I go to a Co-Ed school... ? Not really sure why that was a big deal. Probably because the fact I can walk down the hall and and hang out in my guy friend's dorm room until 2 in the morning is blasphemous. I'm happy with Co-Ed. Atleast it wasn't Heathen Woman or Spawn of Satan. That would make me sad.
So as most of you know (I would only assume, she does update most of my life on this blog) I am home from college for the month of May. I am going BACK for more school in June. Jealous? I would be. Psh, who wants to swim and... be with friends and.... dumb things like that. Considering I have to gain residency in the state I go to school in (U-taaaah, said in Frat boy accent) I might as well be doing something productive like getting an education while I am up there! But for now I am cleaning up dog poop, making meals (heating up taquitos), and watching re-runs of Khloe and Kourtney take Miami. Oh the joys of being home.
So because I am so thoughtful I decided to do a little diddy about how much I love my mom. Okay, it was her idea. I just remembered 2 seconds ago it was Mothers Day on Sunday. But let me list for you 18 reasons (1 for every year she's been my mom, in no particular order) of why I love my mom.
1. I love her because she laughs at the same things I do.
2. I love her because she owns and updates a blog... how many kids can say that??
3. I love her because she's a Gleek!
4. I love her because she lovingly chastises me when I need it.
5. I love her because she can use the word "totes" properly in a sentence.
6. I love her because I can happily borrow the cute clothes in her closet. Not a lot of kids can say that either.
7. I love her because she always answered the phone or at least called me back whenever I needed her.
8. I love her because she will still buy me things "just because".
9. I love her because she knows that crack is wack.
10. I love her because she has not chosen to sell any of us to foreign countries... yet.
11. I love her because she was born to awesome parents who took me to Hawaii with a friend last year!
12. I love her because she tells me I am pretty even if I don't feel like it.
13. I love her because she gave me her baby blues.
14. I love her because she's friends with my friends... she's just cool and hip like that!
15. I love her because she has a full-time job and does not get paid for it.
16. I love her because she is so excited for me to get married and have grandbabies... this is not happening anytime soon.
17. I love her because she does not take herself too seriously and laughs at herself.
18. I love her because she thinks I'm cool enough to write on her blog, when she is much wittier and better writer than I!
I remember one time one of the children asked my mom, "Why isn't there a Kids Day?" to which she didn't miss a beat and said: "Because every day is Kids Day". Well played, mom, well played.
I love you mom! Happy National Disabili- I mean Mothers Day! :)