This award comes with rules! What kind of award has rules?!?!? Oh well, I will just graciously accept and will not be a blog party pooper.
First I have to name 10 things that make me happy. This is a tall order for a Monday. So the list may be hanging out in the "shallow" end of the pool. The only order these are in is the random order of my thoughts.
1. My washer and dryer. As much as I do not like laundry I am glad I am not doing it in a stream and beating my clothes on a rock. But I guess if I lived somewhere where I had to do that, we would not have so many clothes to wash. Hmmmm.....
2. The Amazing Race. Just knowing it is on my Tivo to watch while I fold the above mentioned laundry, makes me happy. This show fulfills my every fantasy of seeing the world on someone elses dime, racing through streets in smelly taxi cabs and fighting with my husband in front of millions of people. Then we would actually be able to replay our arguments and prove that I am right.
3. Girls Night Out. Movies, food, no kids, no leg shaving required. What more can a girl ask for?
4. My iPhone. I will soon have an entire post dedicated to this little piece of heaven I can hold in my hand.
5. My bed. Small enough to share secrets and small talk with my hubby and big enough for two dogs, and a few kids to cuddle in.
6. Church. It keeps our whole family busy and out of trouble. It teaches me things to keep me from killing my children and divorcing my husband. It gives me hope, peace and happiness that can't be found anywhere else. Not even in a candy wrapper.
7. When "it" sinks in. We had a family discussion last night about living together forever and how I wanted all my kids with me in heaven and not one "empty chair." Well, after five year old, Jared, blurted out a choice "Oh hell" this morning (see my blog on THAT kid) my 8 year old, Colton said "Mom, Jared's chair is going to be empty." Precious, funny and sad all at the same time.
8. Gilmore Girls. This will soon have it's own post too. Obsessed much? Yes, yes I am.
9. Girl Scout Cookies. From the cute girls that sell them to the last bite of thin mints or Samoas (which is now called Carmel Delights. Don't get me started) these are truly happiness in a box. And everyone knows that cookies bought to support a cause, do not have calories.
10. Blogging. I have made lame attempts in the past to blog. But since I decided this year to be consistent in my writing, it is like I have found a new best friend. I love writing my thoughts, sending them out into the blogosphere and seeing what comes back. Freakishly fun.
Okay rule number two. Name and give the award to 10 other bloggers. Well I have only been active in the blog universe for over a month and feel like I don't even know 10 bloggers. So I am going to name five. Oh yea, I am a rule breaker. I am the Kanye West of bloggers.
Makenzie's Blog. Okay, yes i'ts my daughter (Award nepotism? You bet!) She hasn't blogged forever but she is a great writer and it's one of the only ways I could keep tabs on her while she is away at school. Maybe if a few bloggers stopped by and encouraged her, she would start again (but not at the sacrifice of your grades dear).
Five Carpenters. My friend AB makes me smile and laugh and she once sent a present that I did not reciprocate. So maybe this will make up for it.
Mary I met her at Mormon Mommy Blogs. Her last name is Darcy and she lives at Pemberley. She makes me laugh and her photos are awesome.
You are such a joy to me. Okay, it's another family member but hey, my award is mine to give. Valerie is an amazing, award winning photographer and mommy to 1 1/2 girls. I am a very proud auntie.
Yours Mine and Ours. She is a very new friend from Mormon Mommy Blogs. Meredith reminds me a lot of myself with little babies trying to support a professional student/husband/daddy.
Whew. That was a lot of work. I may have to quash my talent a bit so I don't get too many awards! Thanks again Serene. Hope I do not disappoint.