1. I am perfectly lazy. I like to sleep in and not wear a bra. And an employer might frown on that. But lets face it, I live in Las Vegas so there are lots of jobs where NO bra is a requirement.
2. I did not finish my degree so my job choices are limited. I am a few credits shy of the ever popular Undecided Degree. I got my Mrs. Degree instead. I think it pays more and gives me great flexiblity.
3. I grew up in a very traditional home. My mom stayed home, my dad worked and was home for a warm meal every night. I liked the security of that. While my hubby works long hours, is rarely home for dinner and I do not like to cook, it is the thought that counts.
4. I want to be the one to ignore my children, put them in time-out, let them eat cold cereal for dinner, drag them to piano lessons, scold them for swearing, and let them go to bed in their swim suits.
5. On August 30, for the first time in 20 years, all six of my kids will be in school full-time. All day, every day. I will be home alone to sun bathe, watch Jerry Springer and read my People magazine. And the complete chaos that ensues after 3:30 pm daily, will be completely worth it.
I love your top 5. I dare say DITTO to every one of them. Especially "it's the thought that counts."
Love the list. I'm so jealous all yours will be in school.
Number 1....so my style or lack of. Except Im not in good old Begas
Okay, where do I sign up for that job?
My favorite from your list:
"On August 30, for the first time in 20 years, all six of my kids will be in school full-time. All day, every day. I will be home alone to sun bathe, watch Jerry Springer and read my People magazine. And the complete chaos that ensues after 3:30 pm daily, will be completely worth it."
And then you can walk around braless and eat bonbons and watch trash on TV. Go Linda!!!
don't forget the pink foam curlers in your hair. In case you go out later...
Make sure you add Lifetime to that schedule!
I don't have kids, so that I can swear at other people's children.
Dude, mine are homeschooled so I get to swear at mine ALL day long! Braless rocks and with the amazing disappearing boobies, I may have a really good reason to go that way.
Partay baby!! In school full time wow!! I can feel the sun already for ya!!
I suppose the school year will be like your summer vacation!
The freedom that comes when the last one goes to school can only be summed up as EUPHORIA!
Enjoy every stinkin minute!
I could have written this - for a few minor exceptions:
I only have five children (all in school full time this year!)
I got a job offer... and I think the principal actually did specify that I have to wear a bra. Is that harassment? Because if I could win a harassment suit I'd never have to work (or wear a bra) again.
For the first time in 20 years! Then all the time they're in school is called recovery time...you do whatever it takes!
I love that image...it tells it all!
How sad. All my kids are in school and so am I. I wanna be at home, eating bon bons in my bra. I, unfortunately, can't get away with not wearing one. Tripping hazard. So you have my permission to have enough fun for the both of us!
Great list! I loved reason #1, though with six children, I doubt you're lazy at all!
We may be struggling from day to day and our cars are old but I am home with my kids. I love your reasons and most if not all would be mine. My mom worked. And maybe that is why I am home. I hated having her gone. The images you used are perfect and speak volumes!
People ask me all the time if I am going to work after my youngest goes to school- why would I want to?!
I know this sounds crazy, some might even call this ludicrous, but do share with us the first time you get that feeling of missing them just a bit!
I love your Top 5 too. I didn't finish my degree either. I agree with everything you said. My youngest is going into third grade and I'm still having a hard time not having at least one child at home with me. I need a hobby...
I love, love, love your reasons for staying home. I only have one reason that I am NOT a stay-at-home mom...I'm broke therefore I work.
Seriously, you found me on Twitter and now I've found you - and I'm so glad I did.
I hate that I didn't find you early enough to join you on the challenge, my blog could use a boost. For now, I'll live through you (smile).
I love #4. so much.
That is hilarious!
I love the post.
I hate bras too. I wish I lived in Vegas.
I love the pictures! The grass just has to be greener, doesn't it?
Post a Comment