My daughter forwarded me this list. I thought it was great and I wanted to share. I don’t know who to give credit to, except the Goddess of Funny Email Forwards. She is not to be confused with the Goddess of Inspirational Email Forwards with Rainbows and Puppies, and the Goddess of False Email Warnings about a Virus that will Attack your Computer if you Open Anything from a Guy Named Bubba.
My own original thoughts are in parentheses.
Thoughts to ponder:
1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer's history if you die. (and clean out your underwear drawers of anything you want your kids to never see)
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong. (If I ever have that moment I will let you know)
3.I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
(I am totally trying to make up for it with my Sunday afternoon naps)
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font. ( I think my blog would be entirely in that font)
5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet? (You don’t. It just gets shoved in the corner of the linen closet)
6. Was learning cursive really necessary? (Only if you want to send a fancy note to someone fancy)
7. Map Quest needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood. (Yea, you would think. But when driving with my teenagers I think steps 1-4 are very necessary)
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died. (I have also thought this! Not in a morbid way but in a way of important things to avoid doing so you don’t meet the same fate)
9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired. (I think it was June, 1979)
10. Bad decisions make good stories. (And good blog posts!)
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day. (It usually strikes around 9:30 am at my house)
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again. ( I still have cassette tapes with NOTHING to play them on!)
13.. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to the ten-page paper that I swear I did not make any changes to. (I just say yes, save changes, and hope those changes weren’t stupid)
14. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this -- ever. (Yes. That is what it SHOULD mean. But sometimes I think I know better. And it turns out, I don’t)
15. I hate it when I miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello?), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What'd you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run like hell????
(my husband will call the home phone and hang up after 3 rings, after I have run to answer it. He then calls my cell phone which I then have to run and find. It makes me want to cuss)
16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste. (Amen sista. One of my favorite lines from Pretty in Pink “don’t waste good lip gloss.”)
17. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call. (If my mother-in-law is reading this, it isn’t true!)
18. My 4-year old son asked me in the car the other day "Mom, what would happen if you ran over a ninja?" How do I respond to that? (I would say Ninjas are worth 100 pts. If it is a Ninja Turtle 200 pts.)
19. I think the freezer deserves a light as well…(I actually checked, and mine has one. That way I can see the frozen cookie dough better when I reach in to grab a morsel)
20. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Saturday night more kisses begin with Budweiser than Kay.
( On our Saturday nights kisses begin in front of the TV and if there is nothing good on, they contintue!)