Sunday, February 21, 2010
Get to Know Me!
1. In college I was voted the biggest flirt at church. I still like boys a lot and stick to loving the 5 in my house!
2. I served a mission for the LDS church for 18 months in Oklahoma when I was 21. One of the best things I ever did and still love to say ya'll and fixin' and love all things fried!
3. I kept a journal consistently from 6th grade through college. It was my therapy. I have a well guarded list in this journal that some of you may be on!
4. I love to write and have aspirations to be the next Erma Bombeck.
5. Despite what they may think, I love having 3 teenagers in the house and enjoy helping them through their ups and downs
6. Going into my 21st year of marriage this spring. I am happy to say I am still madly in love with my husband. We met, got engaged and married within a 5 month time period and he still makes my heart skip a beat and I still love holding hands and making-out!
7. I love "boy" movies like Lord of the Rings, Star Wars series, Transformers, Independence Day, etc... (I like chick flicks too, so I am the perfect date!)
8. My secret to staying sane while raising 6 kids is knowing when to take a time out, lock my door, sit by the fire and drink hot chocolate. And a few girls get-aways every now and then doesn't hurt!
9. My 3 favorite inanimate objects are my iPhone, my TIVO and my IUD.
10. I am often known to share too much information.
11. I don't love to clean house or cook and do just enough to keep us from starving and keep neighbors from calling Child Protective Services.
12. I love to laugh and make people laugh. I am known to have a quick wit and have secret desire to have a stand-up act.
13. I have anger issues when I drive.
14. I collect certain kinds of Barbies. I have over 25 of them in a curio. My favorites are my Wizard of Oz set and my Scarlett O'hara.
15. I was on the Varsity Swim team for 3 years in high school. I would love to do a triathlon sometime but I don't like to run, nor do I own a bike.
16. I used to be a good speller and now rely heavily on spell check.
17. I really believe I can still fit into my wedding dress.
18. I cannot go a day without eating some sort of chocolate.
19. I have had 3 of the same best friends since childhood. I love that they know everything about me and still love me.
20. I was born in Hawaii and my middle name is Leilani. The North Shore of Oahu is one of my favorite places in the world and holds many amazing memories!
21 I think my parents rock. They are the coolest people I know, still love me unconditionally, and are among my best friends.
23. I am a closet Target addict. I love being able to buy lingerie and toilet paper in the same place.
24. I adore my extended family on both sides and love hanging with them more than anyone else!
25. Certainly last buy not least, my faith and my testimony of it, and teaching it to my children is my most important priority.
Posted by See Mom Smile at 11:07 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so there with you on #7, 8, 12, 13, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21,25.
It was fun reading more about you!
At lunch no time for 25 tidbits about me but since you shared here is one.
~~~~~Warning~~~~~~ I talk too much.
Who knew you had a new blog! You have been holding out on me! You know I live for daily doses of my Linda! Love you!!
I've been called worse things than a "blog stalker" but I'll leave a comment anyway...
I love this list! I think you're well on your way to becoming the next Erma. =)
I was born in Tulsa, Ok. I will soon be trading Hawaii to go back home during hubby's deployment. I'm going to miss it.
P.S: Any mom who braves Chuck E. Cheese deserves Mom of the Year!!
Thanks for stopping by!
All these reasons are why you are one of my favorite aunts!
What a fun list! A great way to get to know you. I too served a mission. I went Temple Square in SLC and also spent some time in Anaheim.
I am looking forward to reading more...
I think you sound just like my kind of girl. I too served a mission in the south (ya'll). I was a missionary in San Antonio, Texas. I wanted to try to go there for my 25th wedding anniversary this year, but it "ain't" gonna happen. I love your list. Thanks for the post. Love, Joy
First of all, What a good idea!
i really hope you are going to Casual Blogger Conference.
I can't wait to meet you!!!
I like your favorite inanimate objects--IUD TIVO and i phone I believe U said...
I like my IUD too..:)
Anyhoo, I will talk at YOU later! I am SO GLad i am following YOU! :)
Oh and I LOVE love your post with the crazy hair...I've used that one too before..:)
And I too am a chocolate lover, What woman isn't?
Bahahaha! I think this is the first blog I have read that said "IUD". Awesome! So how did you manage to be the biggest flirt and still make it to mission age? I am impressed!
this is hilarious. Erma Bombeck is watching her back. also words like IUD, lingerie, making out .... so scandalous! so great:)
Post a Comment